Friday, July 18, 2008

To a different south...(in the process of moving)


Just a note to say that I will be taking a few days hiatus from posting recipes (even though I just started of course), as I will be spending the weekend moving the entire contents (well almost) of my current house to a new house in a new town, 6 hours away (but still in the south--it's a place known for horse racing, whiskey and tobacco, can you guess?).

Even though most of my things (including beloved cookware) will be packed in boxes for awhile, I will remain in the old dominion for a couple more weeks, surviving with cookware out of the camp box, which includes essentials like cast iron pans (of varying sizes), cutting board, knives, pastry knife, etc.

I am guessing that the "theme" (more or less) of my blog for the next couple weeks will be SIMPLICITY in cooking--seeing as how I am missing my fancy herbs and cooking devices. It's back to the basics.

So, obviously, not much time for cooking this weekend, but I'll be certain to post new and interesting recipes at the beginning of next week, and perhaps some thoughts on the absence of sweet tea in my new state and other musings about food in the bluegrass.

For now though, it's farewell ol' Virginie.

1 comment:

jennie said...

good luck with the move, lady. Wish I could be there to help...send me your address when you get a chance.