Monday, July 21, 2008

The perks of living in a city (not far from the country)

A big ol' farmers' market, four days a week.

Fresh and local.

These blackberries and blueberries came from the Lexington Farmers' Market--and were given to me by friends (J and L) who helped my husband and I move into our new place this weekend. J, who until recently worked with Community Farm Alliance, checked out the local food scene before we arrived on Saturday. In addition to these delicious berries, he got us some tomatoes, corn, okra, peaches, and blackberry wine--all from the farmers' market. AND he found a great local butcher and got us some steaks. He and L appreciate good food as much as I do and I feel lucky to have such great friends!

I have a meal idea churning in my head for tonight's dinner, made from some of the aforementioned ingredients, so watch for results tomorrow...

No comments: